The San Francisco World Spirits Competition is one of the most influential competitions for a reason. Throughout the years, we’ve earned an exceptional reputation among trade and consumers due to our commitment to these three founding principles:
Founded in 2000, the SFWSC is one of the oldest competitions of its kind. With nearly two decades of experience, our operation has become a fine-tuned masterpiece that blends passion and professionalism.
Throughout every part of our judging process, we emphasize integrity and impartiality. Our blind tasting process guarantees that every entry is judged fairly and given equal consideration.
With nearly two decades of experience, the SFWSC has become one of the world’s most respected spirits competitions due in large part to our esteemed judges. Each with a distinct story and trusted palate, these seasoned experts are one of the reasons a SFWSC medal indicates the highest caliber of quality.
What does a medal mean for you?
SFWSC medal winners range from some of the most renowned international distillers to small-batch producers that we’ve helped put on the map. Not only is a SFWSC medal a testament to your hard work, it’s a universally recognized indicator of exceptional quality and craftsmanship.
Our medals are valuable sales tools that can garner a flood of attention from press, industry experts, and consumers. In a saturated marketplace, winning a SFWSC medal sets you apart from your competitors while giving you opportunities to further promote, market, and position your product to consumers.
We can help
Throughout every step of the Competition, we want to help you succeed. We’ll answer any question you may have during the application process. Once you win a medal, we offer a wealth of tools and resources to help you turn your success into marketing gold:
- All Gold, Double Gold, and Premium Award winners will be listed in the July 2017 issue of The Tasting Panel Magazine, which reaches over 65,000 beverage-trade decision makers.
- Bottle stickers are available for purchase to help increase visibility and distinguish winning products on store shelves.
- High-quality, high-resolution medallion imagery is available for licensed use in winners’ online, print and POS materials.
- Developed exclusively for SFWSC winners, a complimentary marketing toolkit will provide ideas, tips and strategies for promoting your award to increase visibility and maximize sales.
- Throughout the year, the Competition hosts numerous media and trade tasting events around the country to showcase top winners.